This refreshing 2-ingredient Mango Sorbet is really easy to make. No ice cream maker required. No dairy. Super healthy and all you need is a frozen sliced banana, a mango and a food processor (not a blender, I tried… didn’t work. ha ha). For sweetener, it’s optional and depends on how sweet the mango is, I used 2 tablespoons of Agave.
I’m sure everyone has this experience, you bought some bananas and didn’t eat all of them before they ended up turning soft and brown. You can chop them into small pieces and freeze them. They are great for ice cream base. I made strawberry and blueberry ice cream before from the frozen bananas and they turned out great. This is a gilt-free dessert that you will feel good after you eat it.
Let’s make some Mango Sorbet!
To begin, peel and slice the banana. Then put the slices into the freezer for at least 2 hours. I only used 1 banana because that’s all I have left, it made 3 big scoops of Mango Sorbet.
Peel and cut a mango into small pieces (I think you can even use frozen mango, I haven’t tried but I don’t see why not). Add frozen sliced banana, mango and Agave into a food processor. Taste your mango first, if it’s sweet already you may just need 1 tablespoon of Agave. I used 2 because my mango is sour.
Chop everything together until you get the soft ice cream consistency.
That’s it! You just made Mango Sorbet. You can eat it right away but it will be pretty soft.
I usually put it in a container and freeze it until it’s solid like ice cream.
It’s a healthy alternative and so refreshing. I hope you give this Mango Sorbet a try.
You can also try other flavors such as blueberry, strawberry, or even Nutella. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have other ideas for other flavors to share. 🙂
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 mango, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Agave (optional)
- Peel and slice the banana and freeze it for at least 2 hours.
- Peel and cut a mango into small pieces.
- Add frozen sliced banana, mango and Agave into a food processor. Taste your mango first, if it's sweet already you may just need 1 tablespoon of Agave.
- Chop everything together until you get the soft ice cream consistency.
- You can eat it right away but it will be pretty soft. Put it in a container and freeze it until it's solid like ice cream.