I love to serve this Mango Salsa with Grilled Jerk Pork Chops and a side of Coconut Rice. It is so fresh, sweet and a little tangy. What a perfect side for spicy Jerk Pork Chop. Our friends, Jeff and Brandon confirmed its deliciousness. We had them over last night for a Caribbean themed dinner and had such a good time.
This Mango Salsa is so easy to make. You basically throw everything in a bowl and mix them up and it’s done.
I got some sweet, ripe mangoes from my local Asian store. My local regular grocery store also carries them. It’s pretty easy to find mangoes today comparing to 17 years ago when I first came to USA. I was spoiled when I lived in Bangkok Thailand. We have varieties of mango.
I think at some point, our house had at least 5 mango trees and they were all different kinds. I remember one year, they came out at the same time and we had so many of them so we decided (actually was my dad’s idea) to set up mango stand in front of our house. So every time I see little kids with lemonade stand, I think of us; me and my sister and our mango stand.
Back to Mango Salsa. Let’s cook some food! Well, actually not really cooking in this case, more like mixing. 🙂
In a medium bowl, gently mix mango, shallot, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, Agave (or sugar) and a pinch of salt. Cover, and allow to sit 10-15 minutes before serving.
- 3 fresh ripe mangoes, cut into small cubes
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon agave (or sugar), more or less depends on how sweet your mangoes are
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- In a medium bowl, gently mix mango, shallot, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, Agave (or sugar) and a pinch of salt. Cover, and allow to sit 10-15 minutes before serving.