If you like BBQ like me, sometimes you may have left over beef brisket in your fridge because you thought you could eat it all when you ordered it yesterday. Yes, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. ha ha 🙂 But no worries. I got a recipe that will use up the beef brisket leftover and is also pretty healthy for you. I’ll show you how to make Fried Quinoa Beef Brisket today. It’s also easy and quick. Dinner (or lunch) will be served in under 30 minutes.
First, let’s cook Quinoa. We’ll need about 1 1/2 of cooked Quinoa today. See how to cook it here. Quinoa is pronounced “kinwa” or “kinuwa“. It is a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is full of benefits, rich source of protein, fiber, vitamin B and minerals. If you don’t like Quinoa, you can always use leftover steamed rice.
Let’s cook some food!
Heat up vegetable or Canola oil in a medium pan, medium heat.
Add minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
Add leftover chopped beef brisket (about 1 cup), stir for 15-20 seconds. Beef brisket is already cooked so we’ll just need to heat it up.
Add cooked Quinoa. I used about 1 1/2 cup for 2 servings.
Crack an egg into the pan and mix everything together.
Season with Golden Mountain seasoning. Need about 1 tablespoon.
Here is what the Golden Mountain seasoning bottle looks like. You can use light soy sauce if you can’t find it. To the left, it’s just regular sugar and to the right is just some black pepper. You can use white pepper if you have it.
Add about 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Add some pepper.
Add chopped green onion, mix everything together. Turn off the heat.
Serve with a lime wedge and garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).
There you have it, Fried Quinoa Beef Brisket. It’s yummy, healthy and quick. I hope you give it a try and enjoy your meal. Please also let me know if you did anything differently or some tips. The comment box is below.
- 1 cup of chopped beef brisket
- 1½ cup of cooked Quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chopped green onion
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Golden Mountain seasoning sauce (or light soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat up vegetable or Canola oil in a medium pan, medium heat.
- Add minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Add leftover chopped beef brisket, stir for 15-20 seconds. Beef brisket is already cooked so we'll just need to heat it up.
- Add cooked Quinoa.
- Crack an egg into the pan and mix everything together.
- Season with Golden Mountain seasoning (or light soy sauce), sugar and some pepper.
- Add chopped green onion, mix everything together. Turn off the heat. Serve with a lime wedge and garnish with chopped cilantro.